I’ve been diving deeper into beam sizing software lately, and it’s fascinating how much efficiency it can bring to design processes. Using tools like SAP2000 has significantly cut down the time I spend on load calculations without sacrificing structural integrity. Has anyone else found a software that changed the game for them in a similar way?
Been using SAP2000 too, and I totally agree on the efficiency boost — it really streamlines those time-consuming load calculations. I found that tweaking the presets helped maintain integrity while speeding things up. Have you tried combining it with other software for even better results?
I totally hear you on the efficiency with SAP2000! One thing I found helpful is using the load combinations feature, which makes it easier to visualize potential impacts without redoing all the calculations. Have you tried experimenting with that yet?
It’s amazing how much time SAP2000 saves on load calculations. I appreciated its ability to easily visualize load combinations, but I’ve also found that sometimes relying too much on presets can gloss over unique project needs. Have you tried mixing in other tools for specific tasks, @jason_smith89?