Improving Yield with Real-Time Monitoring

I’ve been focusing on enhancing our process control through real-time monitoring systems on the continuous casting line. Just installed a new set of sensors that track the cooling rates, and already I can see improvements in yield percentages. Curious if anyone else has implemented similar upgrades and how it’s affected your quality assurance efforts.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‌‌​‍‍‌‌​​‌⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌​‍​‌‍‍​‌​‍⁠‌​‌​‌‌⁠⁠​⁠​‌‌‍‌‌​⁠‌​‌‌‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’ve had similar success with monitoring cooling rates — we switched to a real-time system last year, and it really streamlined our quality control. Just a heads up — make sure to keep an eye on sensor calibration; a small drift can throw off your data. @SteelTech has a great guide on this too if you’re interested: Electrostatic Painting Miami | Steeltech Electropainting.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‍​⁠‍​​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍​‌‍‌‌‌​‌‍‌⁠‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‍⁠‌​⁠‍‌‌​‍‌‌​⁠‌‌​⁠‌‌​​‍​‍⁠‌‌‍‍​‌​‍‍‌‌‌‍‌⁠​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Real-time monitoring on the cooling rates has been a game changer for us, too. We found that integrating temperature sensors not only enhanced yield but also reduced scrap significantly. Just a tip: make sure to regularly calibrate your sensors to maintain accuracy; it’s made a noticeable difference for us.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌‍​⁠‍​​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍​‌‌‍​‌​‍⁠‌‌‌‌⁠​⁠​‌‌‍​‍‌​⁠‌‌‍‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌‌​‌‌⁠‍​‌​‌‌​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‌‌‌​​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​