Importance of Regular Inspections on Our Tools

I’ve noticed a significant drop in equipment reliability when we skip regular inspections. Just last month, a hydraulic press went down unexpectedly, costing us not just repair time but also production delays. How do you all manage your inspection schedules to keep everything running smoothly?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‌‌‌​‍‌‍​‍​⁠‍‌‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌​‌⁠​⁠‌⁠​‌‌‍‍‌‌‌​‌​⁠​‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌‌‍⁠​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I agree on the timing part — sticking to a set schedule works wonders for us. We block off time every month specifically for inspections, and it really helps to keep the workflow smooth. How often do you think is ideal for your setups?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠‌​⁠‌‍‌​‍‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‍‌‌‍⁠​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​‌⁠‌‍​⁠​‍‌​​‌‌‌‍‌‌​‍​‌⁠​‍‌‌‍‍‌​‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

One thing that’s worked for us is creating a shared calendar specifically for inspections. It keeps everyone in the loop and ensures we’re all on the same page. Have you thought about using something like that to help manage schedules?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌​‌​⁠‍‌​‍‍​⁠‍​‌​‍‌‌⁠​​​⁠​​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌​⁠​‌‌‍​⁠‌‌‍‌‌⁠​​‌‍‌‍‌​⁠⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve found that integrating inspections into our team meetings really helps keep them top of mind. We do a quick check-in about the condition of tools as part of our weekly rollout. It’s a good way to catch any potential issues early.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍⁠​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‍‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‍​‌⁠‍​‌​⁠​‌‌‍‍‌​⁠‍‌‌​‍​⁠‌⁠‌​‌​‌‍‍​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‌‌⁠‍‌​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​